Coventry Road Practice
Welcome to the Partners and staff website at Coventry Road Practice, where you can access a wide range of health services available at our surgery. We hope you find the website useful and informative.
CHOOSE WELL - A&E is for life threatening, serious illness and injury. For everything else there is NHS 111, self care, your local pharmacy and your GP. For more information please click on the links:
Choose well and Choose well - child
IMPORTANT CHANGES DUE TO OMICRON:
• The NHS is operating in a level 4 incident in light of the new COVID variant and rapidly rising infection rates.
• General Practice has been asked to prioritise services to free up maximum capacity to support the COVID-19 vaccination programme alongside delivering urgent or emergency care.
• GP practices remain open but are working differently to keep patients and staff safe.
• Measures include telephone or video consultations first and remote triage.
• Face-to-face appointments will still be delivered by practice invitation following triage.
• Face coverings, social distancing and other infection control measures will be in place in practice in order to protect staff and patients.
• We are also focusing on national priorities, which may mean other routine services are paused. Immunisations, cervical screening, cancer care and chronic disease management of high risk patient groups will continue.
• These operational measures will be kept under regular review as we understand the impact of Omicron on services, staff and our patients.
IF YOU REQUIRE AN URGENT APPOINTMENT, PLEASE CALL AT 08:30AM
ROUTINE APPOINTMENTS ARE AVAILABLE TO BOOK IN ADVANCE.
PLEASE CALL 0121 743 2154 TO BOOK AN APPOINTMENT
COVID-19 & VISITING YOUR SURGERY
COVID-19 PROTECTIONS ARE STILL IN PLACE IN THIS SURGERY.
IN LINE WITH CURRENT GOVERNMENT GUIDANCE - PATIENTS ARE REQUIRED TO CONTINUE TO WEAR A FACE COVERING IN ALL HEALTHCARE SETTINGS.
Face coverings primarily protect others, so doing so - unless exempt - is key to preventing spread of infection.
If you have symptoms you must get a PCR test as soon as possible & before visitng your GP. Rapid lateral flow tests should not be used to confirm infection.
Further information is availalbe from the Government website, the NHS app and by calling 119.
We are sad to announce Dr Nicola Goode will be retiring at the end of September 2021. Also our Senior Receptionist Mandy Weale will be retiring in October 2021. We are sad to see both members of our team leave and wish them all the best in their retirement.
New this year - The Heart Age Test - click on the link and find out your heart age.
Please click on link for the Diabetes Prevention Programme and risk tool: Diabetes UK ‘Know you risk’ tool
TYPE 1 OPT OUT
Data sharing with NHS Digital will start on 1st September 2021, if you wish to opt out of type 1, please complete the form below and hand in/email to Coventry Road Practice
Type 1 opt out.pdf